Three starters for Christmas
Gastronomically speaking, there are intense days ahead. Days of sumptuous lunches and dinners with appetisers, starters, main courses and desserts. Days of intense meals that require a resistant stomach.
We know that pleasure is paramount at Christmas, so we want to suggest healthy, tasty and light starters that are still guaranteed to be a treat.
Moreover, these are very simple suggestions that you can cook with the youngest members of the family to involve them in the preparation of these special dishes.
You need few but good quality ingredients: two Can Company sausages (fuet negro and fuet rojo) and a good winter melon.
Can Company's fuet, made from the legs, back and loin of the black pig, is very lean and tasty. Ideal for simple recipes that do not require cooking.
FIRST SUGGESTION: A new version of the classic "melon with ham"
· Cut the fuet of the two varieties into thin slices.
· Cut off a slice of melon and make a few incisions.
· Put a piece of fuet in each of the incisions, alternating between black and red.
· Dress everything with a little olive oil.
· Finish with a little fennel, which not only adds a little colour but also a hint of aniseed.
· Sprinkle with a little oregano.
SECOND SUGGESTION: Salad with melon un fuet
· Cut the melon and fuet into small pieces and serve like a salad.
· Drizzle with olive oil and add some sunflower seeds for a crunchy touch.
· Finally, sprinkle with some thyme.
THIRD SUGGESTION: Melon and fuet on skewers
Alternate melon and fuet on a wooden skewer.
It is a very simple and easy way to start the Christmas feast.
Xesc Reina, Can Company's master charcuterie chef who never runs out of ideas, prepares these three suggestions and a few other surprises with Can Company's sobrassada.
Bring a touch of lightness to the table this Christmas with Can Company.
Sin comentarios en este momento!